Same low temperature measured at plant and onsite: CIBC Square Towers in Toronto
In Toronto's busy financial district, NITROcrete™ managed temperature for high performance, mass concrete with zero rejected loads, despite stringent specifications and busy urban corridor with frequent traffic delays. With a challenging mix design (high heat generated from a locally produced cement, low water content mix for high performance mass cocnrete) and the demands of mass concrete, NITROcrete™ liquid nitrogen offered the only practical and financially feasible solution to temperature control for the project.
- 77° F / 25° C
- Two center core wall towers
- 49 and 50 stories each, with total 270,000 square meters (2.9 million square feet)
- Customer: international ready mix producer
- Mass concrete, high performance mix design (80MPa/11,500 psi)
- Towers straddled a busy railway corridor; construction required minimal impact on downtown plant & onsite
- Long, unpredictable transit times into an urban city center heavily trafficked with vehicles and pedestrians
- Locally produced cement resulted in abnormally high temperature at batch plant
- Project aims for LEED Platinum certification
NITROcrete™ helped the customer meet the challenges to deliver reliable temperature control, despite conditions that would tax other temperature control solutions. Given the mix design, NITROcrete™ was the only cooling solution that was feasible to meet the specifications and hold temperature consistent during transit.
In this project, the temperatures measured the same at the plant and onsite, despite long transit times. The customer was able to continuously provide reliable loads to meet specification, with zero rejected loads during the project.
- Zero rejected loads
- Same low temperature registered at plant & onsite, despite city traffic
- Concrete held temperature longer, allowing the customer to meet stringent specs
- Only cooling solution possible for the demanding mix design
NITROcrete is the world leader in concrete temperature control. In 2012, what started as a jobsite problem for a partner evolved into a solution that is revolutionizing the concrete industry. The team listened, tested, developed prototypes, and made adjustments. Then they listened more, tested more, and in 2017, after 5 years of R&D, they introduced NITROcrete, a comprehensive concrete solution born directly out of the concrete industry.
The largest concrete companies in the world now use NITROcrete to simplify their processes, streamline their operations, and grow their bottom lines. NITROcrete provides a comprehensive concrete solution--cooling, system management, and support--which gives its worldwide industry partners unmatched efficiency, control, and peace of mind.